Saturday, October 11, 2014

Cate Eleanor

Wow! What a crazy, emotional, tiring, wonderful week it has been. 

After nine long months, Tyler and I finally welcomed our little girl into this world on Sunday, October 5th. It was hands-down one of the best days of my entire life. While I'd rather not get into too many details about the labor and delivery, I will say that seeing her for the very first time, hearing that first cry, and holding her in my arms was pure magic. Words can't begin to describe those first few moments as a family of three. 



^Here she is just minutes after she was born.

As cliche as it might sound, I never knew that this kind of love existed. Having a child of your own for the first time is such a powerful thing and it really changes you as a person. It makes you look at the world in a whole new light. I would literally do anything to keep this little one safe and happy. It really is such an amazing feeling! I know I have so much to learn, and luckily I've got a great husband by my side to help me through the sleepless nights.


So far, Tyler and I are just obsessed with this girl. Her brown hair. Her chubby cheeks. Her fingernails. I love it all! Even her little farts are adorable! Oh, Cate, I hope you know how much your mommy and daddy love you. 






^These two are so in love. She could just stare at him all day. 






If I had to use one word to describe how I've felt this week, it would be Lucky. So lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment